Stock exhaust system going back in!

 Hello and thank you to all who took the time to offer advice and/or personal experiences regarding their exhaust systems.  Except for a very few changes, this car will be as close to original as possible.  I wanted to go back stock and was headed in that direction until I started hearing mechanics and even the machine shop owner who rebuilt the 413 suggest larger pipes and a different muffler/resonator setup.  Being only slightly mechanically inclined, these suggestions sounded good on the surface.  I dared not proceed without checking with you all who have "driven down that road ahead of me".  As usual, the List shared info and hopefully I won't make any mistakes in this area!

My "gut feeling" all along was to go back stock and that is what I will be doing.  Still don't know about the correct mufflers/resonators to ask for.  I've spoken with "Dave" at Kings and Queens but can't get anyone to answer or return my subsequent calls.  Is this the place I should be doing business with?  And if so should I let them supply the entire system or just the mufflers and resonators?  I DO WANT the car to sound quiet like it did when it was new and far be it from me to change what the Chrysler engineers figured out a long time ago.  Again thanks to all who offered their advice and let me take this time to wish everyone a very happy, healthyl and prosperous 2003!

Sincerely,

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convt. (the Incomparable years - '64 thru '66)