1990 Imperial is alive

After 4 months, I finally get to drive my 1990 Imperial!
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1990/Brad/index.htm
I had the mandatory safety inspection done early this week while I was away on
business in Boston.  The car passed and I tranferred the plates from my 1978
Newport
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/78Newport/index.htm
onto the Imperial.  The Newport has been my daily driver for the last three
years.  A couple weeks ago, the Newport developed a nasty knock in the engine.
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/78Newport/knock1.wav
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/78Newport/knock2.wav
I have yet to troubleshoot it to find the cause but I am glad I have the
Imperial to drive now.  If the Newport needs much, I'll just finish the 440
project I started last year and drop that in when it is ready, probably in the
spring.
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/440BuildUp/index.htm

The Imperial sure is a different car than the Newport and I can tell it is not
nearly as toughly built but it has all the gadgets and everything works except
that cruise.  This is my first car with antilock brakes so I am yet forming my
opinion of that feature.

Brad Hogg
Winnipeg, Manitoba
http://www.nybclub.org/bradhogg/index.htm
1990 Chrysler Imperial 4-door Sedan (the KImperial)
1978 Chrysler Newport 4-door Hard Top (the Newporker)
1976 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 4-door Hard Top (the Black Beast)
1968 Chrysler Newport Custom 4-door Sedan (Grand-Dad's car)