'67 Coupes

Rodger;

The condition of the interior wood trim is a good indicator of what kind of
care and storage the car has had - it is pretty sensitive to bad ambient
conditions.  Mechanically, the 67 is one of the most well engineered cars
ever built.  The turn signal switches usually need replacement (they don't
latch in one or both directions) but they are available, if a pain to
change.  The dash pad is frequently victim to sunny climates (don't ask how
I know that!)

Make sure the interior door pull handles haven't been jerked so hard that
the door panel is loose on the door structure, and that the click-open check
device in the driver's door hinge is operating - they go away sometime
around 100,000 miles on most of them (although Lowell Howe sells a
replacement hinge or a kit to fix yours).  It is just a good check on how
many times the door has been opened.  To see how one is supposed to work try
the passenger's door.   These cars have very heavy doors, it is not fun to
be whacked by one because the check device has failed (been there, done
that!).  Of course the fronts brakes are the dreaded 4 caliper disc type -
expensive to repair, I hear, but apparently very durable - in my 5 cars of
this type, I've never had anything other than one master cylinder failure.

These are all very minor items - the cars are a pure delight to drive -
quick, responsive, quiet, and with a trunk that can haul your whole family
including the cousins.

I'd appreciate knowing the VIN and the type of AC on this car -still trying
to figure out what they did mid year on these cars.  Reply privately if you
wish, and also, I only need the first 3 digits of the VIN (right after the
YM23K73), not the whole thing.

ANY OTHER 67 OWNERS OUT THERE - I STILL NEED YOUR INFO!  (I need body style,
VIN and whether it has 2 vent levers or only the left, or no AC at all).

Thanks.

Dick Benjamin