Peggy Sue's +/- situation

Leslie's directions and everyone else's encouragement are RIGHT ON!

This car of yours isn't tough to learn, and we're all rooting for you.
There are over 500 people here that love to talk about this stuff and wnat
you to come out ahead on this.  Your local auto parts store (not so much
the chain ones) usually has counter people that are really happy to
explain.

I recently met Jamal Harris and his '68.  He had a bad regulator, and we
installed it in 10 minutes.  3 bolts hold the box on the bracket.  One
bolt holds a wire down, and one wire snaps on.  The parts guy even brought
out an alternator off of his shelf and pointed to each terminal and
explained what was going on when we were buying the regulator.

Your car needs you!!  Why pay someone else $60+ per hour?  If you can get
through this, the next item that comes up shouldn't seem so difficult.

This stuff seems really intimidating until you get an explanation and then
some experience by doing.  I got where I am by asking questions, reading,
and just jumping into things.  Mistakes happen as I continue to learn, but
I'd have tens of thousands of dollars less if I'd been paying for someone
else to do my cars' maintenance.  Once you pay out in attention and time
to learn, you keep that skill for life.  The machanic's time is by the
hour, and you can't use that labor & knowledge again later on - it's gone
once it's used.

Please keep us updated.  If you do pay someone to work on the car, may I
suggest that you hang around and watch how the procdure is done?  Maybe
even get a running explanation as the mechanic does it?

Good luck.  We hope that your car is self-sufficient soon.

-Kenyon