Hi everyone

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peggy Sue Jones" <jambawoman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>      It's been sitting for over a month with a drained battery.  Dad isn't
> comfortable working on the electrical system, so I guess I'll have to take
> it in to a local shop that specializs in Chryslers and hope they don't
gouge
> me.  All I know is that Dad says it is not the starter or the alternator,
> but something I had read made me wonder if it might be the regulator.  I'm
> willing to bet it is in the electrical however.  How will I know if I'm
> being charged too much for any given repair?

Peggy,

Changing a Voltage Regulator on an Imperial is quite possibley the easiest
thing you'll ever do. The last time
I changed mine I did it in less than 15 minutes.... The Part cost me $40.00
at the local Napa Store.  I even posted a whole how to do it with pictures.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Electrical/67Reg/index.htm

Really you can do this!  If everything was this easy on my Imperial I'd do
all my own work!

Leslie  '67 Sedan
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1967/Leslie