Hi everyone

Quoting Peggy Sue Jones <jambawoman@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>      It's been sitting for over a month with a drained battery.  Dad
> isn't
> comfortable working on the electrical system, so I guess I'll have to
> take
> it in to a local shop that specializs in Chryslers and hope they don't
> gouge
> me.  All I know is that Dad says it is not the starter or the
> alternator,
> but something I had read made me wonder if it might be the regulator.
> I'm
> willing to bet it is in the electrical however.  How will I know if I'm
>
> being charged too much for any given repair?

Peggy, why don't you buy a battery charger instead and charge your battery.  If
it starts after the battery is fully charged, then you either have a charging
system problem (alternator or regulator) or a small short that drains your
battery.  It will be much cheaper this way, and the list will help you trouble
shoot.  It may be something real simple.  At the end, even if you have to go to
the shop, you will know exactly what to ask them to replace, so you will save
money at the end.
D^2