Hood Pad installation

Hi List, as noted rec's the parts from Gary this past week and have all
installed except the hood pad, my question to you all is, and I know this is
stupid, BUT when istalling the pad, do you put the fuzzy side down or on the
hood itself, The one on my car now has the fuzzy side down but it seems to me
it would be easier to keep clean and look better with the hard side down, I
could paint over the part #'s if that is correct also the people who worked
on this car before made lots of mistakes and thought this might be another
one Will appreciate imput Thanx a bunch
Dick 67 Imp