The name Imperial

Although I love the name Imperial, I think it is a word which has been
overused, and is not exclusive to the car. We have Champagne named after it,
records, and the worst thing, the margarine. Now if that doesn't cheapen the
name, along with those terrible commercials where they used to get crowns on
their heads when they ate the stuff, I don't know what could be a worse
scenario for an elegant car name. Problem is Imperial is used as a descriptor
for many products, and not as a proper name like Cadillac, and Lincoln. Maybe
Chrysler would have been better off calling the car the LeBaron, but then
people might think it was French or German. I could see Chrysler doing TV ads
back in the fifties of a housewife getting into a convertible Imperial, when
suddenly a crown would appear on her head, and she would turn to the camera
and say, "I must be driving an Imperial Crown!"
Bill '59 Crown