Ah, the sound of Imperial

Dear Group,
    This is the second time I've posted this but the first didn't go through so the discussion is from last week.
     I too have been fascinated this past week with the various thoughts on the
success (or lack thereof) of the Imperial Division. The name "Imperial" was
talked about as perhaps being a weak name, not containing the hard "C" sound
as in Cadillac or Lincoln. For me, the name Imperial has a connotation that
the other two lack. The other two are named after men who did something
historical of note. But Imperial is not a man's name but an IDEA. It comes
from the Latin, "imperium" meaning: command, empire. The Romans did have a
way with words so I think they were successful in making the sound of this
word convey what idea was behind it. Imperial Rome, it does have a ring to
it.
Now, where is this all going to? I love the actual sound of the word "Imperial" and part of my
attraction to the marque is the name itself. Just perhaps, the majority of
Americans do not have such an affinity for the name. After all, Davy
Crockett probably wouldn't have liked it. But then again, Imperial is only
for the select few, ah, but what a few we are.
Ron,  '83