Goodbye Eisenhower, sniff sniff

Well, I haven't shed a tear yet but probably will when
I take my 54 Imperial Eisenhower to the new owner.  I
sold him today to a guy in Memphis.  His family had
one just like it when he was growing up.  I'll be
delivering it Friday, snif snif.  This is the first
old car I've ever sold but it is going to a good home.

Also included in the deal was the 54 parts car I went
to Moline Il to get last year and all the parts I had
accumulated so I am out of the 54 business.  With the
proceeds I can restore the 68 convertible and the 50
Crown Limo. Kind of melancoly situation though. While
I got my price for the car, I realize I will probably
NEVER have another original 50's Imperial anywhere
near as nice.  I seriously doubt if a nicer original
exists, especially one with working factory air.

So now I just have the 73 LeBaron to sell and a 60
Winsor, 40 Buick Roadmaster,and a 38 Stude Pickup and
the herd will be down to a more manageable level and
I'll only have the 68, 61 GeeA, 57 sports roadster,
and 50 limo to do.  That will probably take the rest
of my life.  Humm there is that 56 Limo I've
spotted...

Dang with all that room I'll be able to buy more....or
at least get some of the one's I have in the sun under
cover.

Kerryp