Imperial, hot-rods, and site content

Total production of the 1983 Imperial was 1,555.  The figures quoted in "The
Complete History of Chrysler Corp",  the "standard catalog" series and
publications from "Publications International" for Mopars built after 1976
show production of vehicles built for the U.S. market.

I have figures from "Ward's" which show production for both U.S. market and
total production.   "Automotive News" also shows a total of 1,555 Imperials
built in their Canadian production section.  (All 1981-1983 Imperials were
built at Windsor, Ontario.)

Thus,1,427 Imperials were built in 1983 for the U.S. market and the rest,
128, for Canada.    I also own a 1983 Imperial, 1 of 128 of 1,555 built.
The Canadian list price was C$24,042 (plus destination, preparation &
taxes).

Bill
Vancouver, BC