rejeuvenating rubber gaskets

--- Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could this possibly work on the rubber in a rimblow horn,
> like the '71 has?

It might, if the rubber is black and not colored plastic.

My original message had some speed-tying related goofs.  I
meant to say that I am using a 5 gallon PAINT bucket with
lid and a stainless strainer/colander with safety wire
handle that I got at Target for 5 bucks.

I'd not set the entire rim-blow assembly in a liquid, as it
might be tough to evacuate the liquid when done, but you
probably guessed that.

Vinegar is running $3.99/gallon for the apple cinnamon
flavored kind where I live.  Jump in!!

The rubber that I have been doing is several steps harder
than a bicyle innertube and doesn't tend to flop but is
supple enough to be bent easily.  The process also worked
on some silver dollar sized plugs that go in the trunk to
cover bumper nuts.  They were stiff originally and are now
stiff but pliable instead of brittle feeling.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious