"Lincolnesque" Imperials

Mark :

In your reply to Jim you stated:
"I think you are right that Imperial was first created to compete with
Cadillac.  But after a few years I think they realized they were never
going to catch up, much less compete, with Caddy, and their focus became
Lincoln.  I think that may be why they went with somewhat Lincolnesque
styling in '64 and continued with it through '68."

Just thought I'd point out that one of the reasons the Impwerial had
"Lincolnesque" styling from '64-'68 is because Elwood Engel, who designed
the '61 Lincoln, was the stylist for Chysler for the '64 Imperial.