"Lincolnesque" Imperials

Dear Jeff,

Yes, I was aware of that.  However, I think Engel was undoubtedly capable of
creating a whole new look for Imperial if he had chosen to-- or if
management had asked him to.  Engel was a talented stylist and I'm sure he
could have taken an approach that was radically different from anything he
had done at Ford when he moved to Chrysler.

I think Chrysler consciously chose to emulate the Lincoln styling because
that was their closest competitor.  They were taking aim at Lincoln and
trying to take away Lincoln buyers.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Mark M