The Imperial Conundrum and more

In regard to anyone thinking the 300M is no where near what the original 300
was I have news for you. It is, for the comparative era, even better! I have
one. It is a fantastic car, fast as you would ever want, reliable, terrific
mileage -- like 26 MPG while averaging 80 miles an hour and in LA traffic 18
MPG at worst. Oh yes, I do have the suspension package. By the way, shortly
after the deal was made for Diamler to 'merge' with Chrysler, a contingent of
Germans (5 in all) went to Chrysler's Arizona Proving Grounds and drove a
300M for hours on end at 139 MPH. The German's, as reported in many press
reports, were astounded that the car was rock steady and only powered by a V6.

Now for the obligatory Imperial content...  The top notch proposed exclusive,
high-dollar car that was on Chrysler's drawing board was cancelled long
before the German's became involved with Chrysler Corporation. It was the old
story, too much inverstment for too little, if any, return.

Sherwood Kahlenberg