The Imperial Conundrum

In a message dated 7/31/2002 7:17:38 PM Central Daylight Time, monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx writes:

Steve and others;
Gee, I don't know? How about Plymouth? That's a good name for an entry level car.
Seriously though I don't think that we are going to see an Imperial again until Chrysler falls back into American hands, or at least an owner that doesn't already produce an upmarket car. The reason being is that the German end of the company won't allow anything D.C product to outclass a Mercedes from this side of the pond. Since there has also been a consistent effort to move the Mercedes downmarket, that doesn't leave much room to market anything between that product and a Chrysler.
 Another thing to consider is do we want to see our favourite nameplate used on a glorified Dodge Intrepid? You know a plastic trimmed, V6 powered knockoff with leather trimmed seats. Part of what appeals to me about Imperials is the fact that they stand out from the crowd and not everyone has one. Look at the insult that they pulled with the 300M. A six cylinder powered four door sedan that they dared to claim shared a pedigree with the first true muscle car.
Truth being is that I have no interest in the twists and turns of the modern auto industry as it is really a shadow of its former self. No one is a leader anymore,just a follower. Everyone wants to play it safe so no one will take ay risks. In short it is as boring as the cars produced now, hence my interest in the older ones.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.

Geee, for once I agree with the monkey!
Ron...