The Imperial Conundrum

>   Another thing to consider is do we want to see our favourite nameplate
> used on a glorified Dodge Intrepid? You know a plastic trimmed, V6
> powered knockoff with leather trimmed seats. Part of what appeals to me
> about Imperials is the fact that they stand out from the crowd and not
> everyone has one. Look at the insult that they pulled with the 300M. A
> six cylinder powered four door sedan that they dared to claim shared a
> pedigree with the first true muscle car.

Yes, often old glorious names are sacrificed by Chrysler for a bit of profit.
The reason for that is that the people that make these marketing decisions are
not car freaks like us.  Also, most of the public are not car freaks either,
like they used to be.  My guess is that most 300M owners do not know that the
Chrysler 300 letter cars were the absolute fastest 4 passenger cars of their
time, while their car is an just barely above average performance lengthened
Dodge Neons;)

It may be better if they leave the name plate "Imperial" rest in its grave!
D^2