My Biiig Project

At 07:38 PM 7/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Problem: TB (throttle body) will close before engine
>belts slow down- so then the pressure from boost will
>harm either TB and/or SC when the TB closes. Anyone
>know of a 3" blow off valve for 4 units of boost?

Jim, too late to think straight, but this does not sound right.  It sounds
like a waist of energy.  Ultimately, you want to run the throttlebody
BEFORE the supercharger.  This way, your blower is not wasting energy by
compressing air which you then try to decompress with a waistgate.  Another
option is to use a centrifugal blower.  Not only its more efficient, but it
will reduce the energy losses when you close the throttle, even if the
throttle is downstream.  Also, are you sure you need alcohol injection
(since you already have an intercooler).  If you really do need it (I doubt
unless you plan to use 15 psi of boost), it will bring hell trying to
adjust your air fuel ratio (remember, alcohol is also a fuel!).  You may be
better off with plain water injection (only at WOT).  H2O is a bit cheaper
too.  Old WW2 aircraft used alcohol/H2O mixture injection at high boost to
prevent detonation, but the only reason the alcohol was in the mixture was
to prevent freezing at 30,000 ft+.
D^2