one more thing!

John, thanks for the suggestion.  This engine was actually rebuilt by the
previous owner, about 10 years ago but only 20K miles.  Again, the reason of
the unusual oil pressure reading was that the oil was diluted with gas due to
the carb problems, loosing its viscosity.  Also, the reading of the stock oil
gage needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  My (high mileage) sedan was
showing very low readings at times making me nervous.  So, I installed a
mechanical oil pressure gage.  Well, my worries were not justified.  The
pressure rises very rapidly after startup to 60 psi and stays there till the
oil warms up.  After a super heavy high speed drive, the oil pressure will stay
at 25-30 psi idling, and reach 55 psi at 1500 rpm.  Again, Mobil 1 15w50 helps,
especially when you drive the car hard like I do.  Modern oils designed for
super high revving modern high performance engines can do well on our old
440s.  Again, remember, as powerful as a 440 is, its specific power is quite
low compared to, say a BMW 4 liter V8.  That actually works at our favor.
Using high performance oils, and given how understressed our engines are, they
should last far longer no matter how hard they are pushed (so long you keep an
eye to the temperature and pressure gages!)
D^2