Emily Trigueros and her search for a 1960

Emily Trigueros and her search for a 1960

> New Subscriber(s): emily trigueros
> Email Address is: etriguer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Member Location: syracuse, ny
>
> Car(s) owned: none yet - looking for a 1960 4-dr sedan
>
> Self-Introduction: a few years ago, i saw my first
> imperial and fell in
> love!  now, i'm on a quest to find the perfect one!!!

The (almost) perfect 1960 4d is advertised in the club
classifieds.  It is red and in San Francisco, reputedly
owned by Mr. Folgers of coffee fame.

It's owner recently passed away, and it is now for sale.
The owner's son is under the (mistaken?) impression that
the car is worth $20,000.  While it may be worth that to
him, the market has spoken otherwise.  I know the car well,
and told him so, but I think that he perceived that I was
trying to pull a fast one on him for personal gain.  Sigh.
I have 2 already and can't afford a third anyway.  I just
tried to be helpful.

It's been long enough that the price might be getting soft,
and you might want to investigate.  I would offer $6-$10k
for it based upon closer investigation.  It is red and has
had some interior work done but is very solid for a car of
this year.  The car could, with a bit of attention,
probably be driven home to  NY, but you'd really ahve to
look closely and be ready to replace hoses and do a
tune-up, most likekly.

I suggest that you contact them and keep pinging them.
Sooner or later they'll wise up and sell the car, emotional
attachment is not automotive attachment, and I don't think
that he can keep the car up the same way that a car-person
could.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious