Please Welcome Rolland Ellsworth 57, 81-83, 67

Please Welcome Rolland Ellsworth 57, 81-83, 67

New Subscriber(s): Roland Ellsworth
Email Address is: amas@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Colusa California

Car(s) owned: 1957 Crown Convert.  Excellent Restoration Car
seven 1981-83 Coupes. Very Good to Parts Car
1967 LeBaron Imp. Black, Excellent Leather.  Needs Restoration. Generally
Complete

Self-Introduction: Bought my first Beautiful 1982 Imperial two years used,
with 11000 miles on it. With Electronic Fuel Injection.  This was my wife's
car, and she loved it, to about 65000 miles; and the troubles began. The
more it was taken into Chrysler Dealer's for repairs, the worse it got, and
she finally refused to drive it, "stating she never wanted to even sit in
another Chrysler product.
I bought a 1981 Imp. that had been converted to Carburetion, and changed the
entire conversion parts over to the original 1982.  Reluctantly she began
driving the carburetor converted car again, but the original experiences
with the original Electronic Fuel Injected car were so traumatic; she never
did really trust the car
Sorrowfully, I sold this car, and have later aquired my present ones.  Four
of these were equipped with EFI, and even though these cars are parked and
not used, I pulled the EFI system off them, and practically gave them away.
I have a couple Fifth Avenues that someday, I may get around to using to
convert a couple 81-83 models to carburetion.
25 years ago the 57 Crown Convert was driven into an open barn, with the top
down and parked in Grimes Calif.  At this time the car was Excellent, but 25
years in an open dusty barn took it's toll.  Many people tried to buy this
car, including myself; but the owner was adamant about not selling it.  One
day in a general discussion, and not trying to buy the car, he gave it to
me; and the Pink Slip.  Amazing!  Pitted Chrome refinishing, Upholstery,
Paint, and a Gas Tank will make this a mighty fine car.
Obviously, I have too many cars, and have to get rid of some so can
concentrate on couple 81-83, and the 57 Convert.
Sorry about the long writing, but you did sort of request it.