Seat belt surprise

The seatbelts weren't green from the factory.  I know because I literally spent
hours in '66-'68 Imperials when they were brand new sitting on the showroom
floor.

If ultraviolet damage didn't cause the discoloration, the dyes went bad or
something else did.  Even in my '65 Mustang the colors of the seatbelts were
very
closely matched to the vinyl interior.  On my '71 Imperial, the belts are
matched
to the interior, which is gold.

I really doubt that Chrysler would be unable to match black with black.  I would
suspect the dyes that were used, if the belts under the seatbacks are also
blue-green.

Mark