horns, seats, and lutevisk

> 2. Horn doesn't work. What is that funky looking
> doodad on the passenger
> side of the radiator support that the horns plug
> into? Is that something that can go south?

The funky looking doodad is the horn relay...it allows
a low current flow through the steering wheel switch
(enough to power the coil on the relay) and uses it to
switch the high current needed to blow the horns.
These relays can rust up, crap up, etc, and I've had a
hard time finding a perfect replacement.  Luckily, on
my '67, the relay is located directly below my coolant
recovory tank that I added, so I adapted a radio shack
horn relay...functionally the same, but the plug-in
pattern was slightly different, so I had to modify the
plug slightly.

> also rearrange the others a little but I can't seem
> to get the seat out.
> Can somebody tell me the trick to this?

You need to remove the bottom seat cushion, which is
usually held in by the bottom of the back part of the
seat and two clips under the leading edge of the seat.
 To remove it, you typically push down on the bottom
cushion and slide it back.  If I can slide my hand
under the bottom seat cushion, I can usually find the
little clips and fiddle with them to get them loose,
one side at a time.

Inevitably, as I've loosened one side, I move to the
other side and, in loosening it, I inadvertently
manage to pop the other side back in.  Its more of an
art than an exact science, and it'll probably take a
few tries on the first time to get it out.

> By the way, and I don't know if this is still a big
> secret or not.......Lutefisk is not just for
>breakfast anymore!

Never tried the stuff, but according to my
scandanavian friends, I'm not missing much!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome
Hubcaps along the floorboard