young imperialist

Those of you who know me know me as the 25 year old
with the ugly gray '67 at Carlisle.  And I've been
sitting here reading many excellent posts about young
Imperialists, and what draws them to the luxo-boat
cars, or old cars in general.  I have one additional
thing to add, however.  And I quote:

"Now I understand why old people drive so slowly.
They're in no hurry to get where they're going.  You
see them in their big old boats, leater seats, nice
radio, cushiony suspension, air conditioning.
Wherever they're going isn't going to be as nice as
the trip there, so why hurry?"

Of course, with one of the hi-po 440's, dual exhausts,
and my lead-foot, its tough to not want to drive fast,
and enjoy all of the above amenities while blowing
away everything in sight.  I've actually purposely
missed my exit on the expressway because I was having
such a good time driving my Imperial.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome