Chrysler Imperial

----- Original Message -----
why create a new division (or resurrect an old one) if all
you want
to do is increase the price?
-----

It doesn't seem necessary to create a new division to create
a car make.

For example, the difference between a Dodge Neon and a
Plymouth Neon are a couple pieces of plastic nameplates, but
no one seems to go around insisting that the Plymouth is
really a Dodge or vice versa.

Back in 1960, Valiant was a separate make of car, and became
part of the Plymouth line in 1961.  [Richard Langworth, The
Complete History of Chrysler Corp. 1925-85]

The '81-'83 Imperials were well built at Chrysler's Windsor,
Ontario plant, with a special Quality Assurance Center and a
5 1/2 mile road test for each car.  [Should we call them
import cars?]

I must ask again, does it really matter whether the
'81-'83's are a brand or a model?  Is this not the incipient
snobbery of owners of one year trying to put down the owners
of another year?

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth,
'73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA