Parts from newer cars

But seats really haven't changed much in design
throughout the last few decades (few meaning 6 or
so..).

Besides the idea of power seats (which has been played
around with since the 30's), the only differnce
between seats are the comfort level and materials
involved (well, and shape & size). I've been in some
old cars with seats that fell better then some of
today's seats and vise versa.

But has there been a unique modern offering which is
worth having on other cars?

Air bags perhaps? Maybe not. Bad airbag electronics
can mean trouble. Ever had an airbag go off for no
reason? Hurts. the early models with airbags made by
GM sure had their problems (don't remeber how the
Mopar and Ford ones turned out). Also, some don't like
the idea of airbags, although safer (sometimes), also
causes other problems. Get in a crash... then you have
to get certain interior parts replaced because a big
bollon broke through a certain interoir pannel or
part.

Well, there are the audio stuff (if you fell spending
that kind of money to make your car a huge theift
target which kills your hearing is worth the touble).
Though I wouldn't keep a 8-track player over a tape or
CD unit...

electric fuel injection can be helpful for stock set
ups (no real tune-ups needed), however if you really
beef up a PCM controled fuel injected car, you'd have
trouble making it run again! Ever made a N/A Mopar
post-mid 80's go under boost from a blower or turbo?
PCM and fuel injection wouldn't cut it. Requires all
kinds of nice expensive goodies...

The third brake light is a good touch... but I don't
see how adding an other light bulb into a curcuit is a
modern marvel.

Plastic dashes warp in the sun, rather have painted
sheet metal with out all that plastic and synthetic
carbon compounds....

Emission controls and limitations cause head aches for
modern people who want to modify their car. If the car
originally had a cat, it must keep one to be
street-legal....

But something can be said for the newer "comfort"
parts. I saw an old pre-1920 truck once which used (I
am not kidding), upside down buckets as seats, and
didn't have any form of dome lights... but these
things have been out there pre-modern models. Even
seat belts have been out there since the 30's (if not
prior....).