Imperials as Investment

I'm not sure where this would be most appropriate, so I'm sending it to
both.

A friend of mine and I were talking about the economy going South
recently, and how much money we've lost in the stock market, and he made
the comment that he should have put his money in Imperials instead.

I was just wondering: what do people feel about the old car hobby as an
investment?  I have always heard it's not a wise place to put your money
(old cars); that the only real reason to do it is because you enjoy it,
but not to expect a big financially gain.

On the other hand, once these cars start going up, they're only going to
continue going up.  An old Imperial's value can only increase . . .
assuming, of course, you keep it up.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?  (It would probably be better to
respond in the Salon, I guess.)

Mark