Imperial Options Ahead of Their Time

Yes, the durability of some of these things is exceptional.  I kinda had to chuckle at myself after I brought the '63 home.  The PO told me that the trunk key was someplace in the car.  We scoured the car thoroughly, but found no key.  I was tempted to send my 10 year old through the back seat to check the trunk, but she had already commented on the spiders and mouse droppings she'd seen... I didn't even ask!

After two weeks and much deliberation, I drilled the trunk lock.  Still no key.

The chuckle came a day ot two later when I noticed a silver button in the glove box... I pressed it as I thought "What's this?"  Of course, the trunk popped open.

Steve Charette