Rough running 413

Ya know gang, these 413's don't run worth a dang with
5 & 7 plug wires reversed!

Decided to detail my engine compartment on the 64
while I had the hood off (I had to take out the AC
Evaporator)  Somehow I reversed the wires and the dang
thing would barely pull itself.  MUCH better now.
Back to her old smooth as silk self.

My 2cents on the 440/413 thing, I've got both and both
are FINE engines.  However, the 413 is MY favorite,
kind of like why most Che*Y people will admit that the
327 was the 'best' smallblock. It's a combination of
power, torque, and drivability. Every 413 I've driven
seems smooth as silk, no stumbles, lots of torque,
plenty power.  The 440's have more power but seem a
little closer to the 'edge' unless it's in perfect
tune, ie they might stumble a little off idle or bog
when flogged.  Of course my 440 has a Thermocrap which
is probably part of why the 413 seems to have better
manners.

Kerryp