Woodward Dream Cruise

Good Morning All,
       My personal experience with the dream cruise has been limited primarily to the week leading up to the actual event.  Many folks hit town early so that they can actually CRUISE, as opposed to just creeping.  Two years ago a friend and I decided to actually try Woodward on the Sunday following, and it took us about 2 hours to go 6 miles.  I now limit my cruising activities to the days before, and it's an absolute blast.  Woodward is a Boulevard from about 8 Mile Road in Detroit all the way out to Pontiac, with 3-4 lanes each way.  It passes through a number of communities, each with their own set of events centered around the Cruise.  All the auto manufacturers have displays along the route.  It's definately the biggest car show I've ever seen....

       IMHO, it's a great event, and an excellent opportunity to see some beautiful cars.  Some look down their noses at cars that are not in their scope of interest, e.g. street rods, muscle cars, etc. but maybe they've just never seen Imperials. :)

       If you will be in the area the week of the cruise, be sure to take it in.

       If you're coming to the area, it's also a great opportunity to see the Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills.  Be advised that the Museum is closed on Mondays.

       Be sure your cooling system is up to snuff, and it would probably be a good idea to carry a gallon or two of water just in case.  You'll also want to be sure your brakes are in good condition, as you'll be using them alot.  And working A/C is invaluable.

       I realize it's rather late to do any large scale planning, but maybe we could have an impromptu Imperial gathering if there is interest.

       Anybody???

Thanks,
Steve Charette
Imperial Services