Carlisle Road Trip HooBoy!

Sounds like John Corey had quite the Imperial adventure.  And not a (DeSoto)
Adventurer adventure!  For my part, the drive from DC was delightfully
mundane.  I made the best time ever from the American Legion Bridge where the
Beltway crosses the Potomac - 1 hour 45 minutes.  I passed essentially
everything that moved, as though they weren't moving at all, and took great
pride in blowing the doors off a '72 Road Runner near Thurmont, MD!  It was as
though Ethel Merman was having her revenge from "It's a Mad...World" where she
shrieks "We're the ones with the Imperial and WE'RE running last!!"

I enjoyed putting faces with e-mail addresses, and gotta commend those who
drove all the way up from deep in Dixie to join us north of the Mason-Dixon
Line.  This was the only time I've seen four '59s at the same place, and in
all four body styles - the sedan was in the car corral, and comparing notes
with the Jim & Yolanda on their red convertible.  The weather was 20 degrees
cooler than I've experienced before at C @ C, so all in all it was a perfect
day.  Except for the plethora of muscle cars and that noisy contraption
testing horsepower or whatever it was doing a couple of hundred feet away.

See y'all next year!

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown 4-door Southampton "Aquitania"
1972 Buick Riviera "Bianca d'Azur"
1983 Chrysler Cordoba "Christine"