'81 RUNNING HOT???

> degrees sometimes.But even on the cooler days she
> runs hot.When I say hot I mean 210,220,230.And

Check your timing, both the base idle vacuum advance
disconnected timing as well as the full mechanical and
full vacuum + mechanical advance.  If any/all are too
retarded, you will overheat in a HURRY.  My '74 "other
mopar" with the same carburated 318 will run a good
25%-50% hotter at zero degrees base than at 10 degrees
base.

A good timing light will allow you to check the
advance curve, or at least the total cumulative
advance at any given RPM.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome