68, bad idle+multiplex stereo

At 08:43 PM 7/6/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Your problem is more likely a vacuum leak at your intake
>gasket, or a plugged heat riser valve.

Dick, wouldn't a plugged heat riser valve make the car run poorly when
warm?  The car runs pretty strong, especially at WOT.  Also, the poor idle
occurs even when cold (actually, its even worst then).  If you agree, then
it must be the gasket.  I can do the WD-40 test, but if the leak is in the
lower gasket, that wouldn't show right?  Can I just try to tighten the
manifold bolts?

Also, I was looking at the imperial site where you describe the multiplex
stereo and tape deck installation on your 68.  The LeBaron has the
multiplex stereo radio (which does a very good job, almost as good as you
describe) but I do not have the tape deck.  I was curious, is there an
"easy" way one can plug a modern CD player or walkman to these old radios?
D^2