Freeze 12 has a bad connection

There was a TV program lately that showed when freeze 12 had a leak, a spark under the hood blew the front end completely off the car. It was the worst situation for the example, but still it is very explosive. It uses propane and R-12. You must go to an air conditioning shop to have it installed. I only know of R-22 as being available to buy yourself. It is for a home type air. It was used on a 54 Imperial I did years ago.   Joe Machado