solenoid 6V More, More, More ?

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:51:51 -0700 "Dick Benjamin" <DickB@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> The pressure in the system is about 250 PSI (assuming this is the
> same pump
> as used by Packard).  Remember that the solenoid valve has to
> resist
> pressure in either direction - this may not be what the ones you are
> looking
> at are designed to do,

A few thoughts about solenoids.
How is the hydraulic circuit arranged?  Are there two solenoids, one to
open (feed) and one to close (bleed)?  If not, how is the pressure
relieved to close window?  Is it a multi function solenoid? Is there a
supply line only or a supply and return line?  Does the pump run
continuously, cycle to maintain pressure or cycle with the window piston?

If the valve is not just the right capacity (Cv) it could work too slowly
or slam open and closed.  If you don't know the exact size, I would
suggest that you go a little large and pipe an adjustable flow control
valve in series.  This is just an adjustable (and inexpensive)
restrictor.  It can be adjusted for smooth operation.  It should be
available from the same vendor as the solenoid.

Inquiring mind wants to know.

4 - Toes