Bypassing the Heater Core During Summer

Hello List ---

I was thinking of bypassing the heater core in my 1965
Crown during these HOT summer months. When I'm driving
around it feels like the heater is on all the time
(but of course it isn't). The heat just seems to
radiate from under the dash (but no air is blowing
in). I would just like to reduce the temperature in
the passenger compartment to tolerable levels.

THE QUESTION:

Does bypassing the heater core cause any long term
damage? I definately want the heater to work during
the COLD winter months...

Thanks for any input!

Chris Walter
1965 Crown (The Beige Bomb)