Engine appearance care for the do-it-yerselfer

Engine appearance care for the do-it-yerselfer

As Carmine mentioned, Mancini Racing in the Detroit area stocks the correct color paint from Mopar Performance.  Mancini can be reached on 586/294-6670 (new area code).  They also have a toll free number for those not in the area; 800/843-2821.  Their web site address is www.manciniracing.com

Krylon makes a nice satin finish black paint that is available at most discount and hardware stores.  It looks good on brackets and small clips.  Look for part number 1613.

Jim Osborn reproductions has a sticker for Imperial air cleaners.  The sticker is part number DD-0574, and costs $10.  It's intended for '65-'66 cars, but I'm thinking of cleaning up an old pie pan applying it for daily use on my '68.  I'm willing to be the only people who'll know the difference are on this list!

Osborn has tons of other goodies for Imperials, including interior, engine compartment, trunk, window stickers, and other items.  Check out their online catalog at: http://www.osborn-reproduction.com

There is usually a gentleman selling Osborn stuff (can't recall his name right now) at Carlisle; that's where I got my air cleaner sticker 2 years ago.

Happy Detailing!

Thanks,
Steve Charette
Imperial Services