Gorgeous '67 cornering lens reproductions!

Gorgeous '67 cornering lens reproductions!

The mailman recently brought me a treasure -- a set of
Mike Pittinaro's reproduction cornering lamp lenses
for '67 Imperials.  Wow, they're beautiful!  Well done,
Mike!

You may remember his postings here about this project
a few months ago.  He shelled out big bucks for a mint
condition set of of lenses, and then (sweating bullets,
no doubt!) shipped them off to someplace in the Eastern
Hemisphere to be reproduced.  The company uses a process
that yields essentially perfect copies, but somehow the
mold degenerates quickly, so only a limited number can
be made at a time.

The results are quite spectacular!  I thought my car's
original lenses were in pretty good shape, but these make
them look scratched all to heck in comparison.  Now I
finally see how they must have looked fresh out of the
factory in 1967.

I don't remember how much I paid, so maybe Mike would be
good enough to re-post the ordering info?  In any case,
they were certainly a bargain compared with what you'd
pay for one of those legendary mint-condition original
sets, if you could find one for sale in the first place.
Highly recommended!

Tim Klein
'67 Crown 4DHT
Rye, New York