cast vs forged pistons, was rebuilding a 392

cast vs forged pistons, was rebuilding a 392

Forged pistons have higher thermal expansion as I recall, so the cold clearance
must be larger.  This will impose a larger load on the rings when the engine is
hot.  That is probably of no concern for a race car, but for a daily driven car
it might be.  Forged pistons are stronger, but this is needed only if very high
rpm is to be obtained.  I do not think you need them for a street engine.

D^2