Brake Question - '64

Hello,

I have what I hope is an easy brake question.  My
brakes are fine until the car has been running for an
hour or so.  Then, when I come to a quick stop or
otherwise intermittently, the pedal goes to the floor.
 I repeat this is intermittent. I can still stop the
car when this happens.  Does this sound like air in
the lines or a failing master cylinder?  Any other
ideas?

Many thanks.

Rob