President Truman's Chryslers

> At the Truman home in Independence, MO, Harry's last car is still in the
> garage.  I believe it is a 1972 Imperial.

The 72 Chrysler is a Newport, which I found a little odd myself, afterall, he
was the President! But then again, Harry Truman wasn't know for his flash.

I'm actually looking for a specific picture that I've seen on-line, showing the
car in a head-on shot, and I believe with some sort of front vanity plate that
said "TRUMAN" or something similar.

I'm looking for the picture to assist in another website project I am a part
of. I figured the vast resources of the big-Chrysler-lovin' Imperial list might
be a good place to ask.

I have been to the official Truman library site, and altough they mention the
'72 Chrysler in several places, they don't show a picture.

I'll use the '68 Imperial picture as a second choice, but nothing makes a "buck
stops here" visual statement like the massive front end of a '72 Chrysler.

Thanks

Carmine F.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup