vinyl tops, caring for

Hello all!

This came up as part of the convertible window
discussion...I don't have a convertible (yet) but I DO
own a car with a vinyl top on it.  Now, the top was
recently replaced, but I live in constant fear of it
cracking, fading, and just plain looking narsty.

One fellow mentioned that Armor All has a lot of
silicone in it.  I assume this is bad?  Anyone tell me
why?  And what are the perferred methods of caring for
sun-exposed vinyl?  Obviously you want to keep it
clean (soap and water) but what can you spray/rub onto
it to protect it?

My old 33 1/3 and 45 RPM collections will be anxiously
awaiting your replies.  ;)

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome