Elwood Engel stories

Tom Gale could answer this question.  When he first came to Chrysler he
worked for Engle.  Engle brought his design ideas with him.  That is why the
Turbine car looks like a 62-63 Tbird.  I don't know about his design
successes or theory at Chrysler.  When I first started he was the design guy.
 His first impact was to try to fix the fiasco of the 62 Dodges and Plymouths
and the 63 facelift was the result.  My sense is that he didn't have complete
control as a group of Officers of the Company are consulted on designs prior
to approval.  He could have made the presentations but he could be overruled
by those above him.  That is the way that it always was while I was there.
Darrell Davis