Elwood Engel stories

According to several books, in Chrysler Corporation during the 50's-60's
and 70's, the stylists had a lot LESS control and the engineers had a lot
MORE control than in GM & Ford.  That was in part why our Imperials handle,
perform, and stop better than say a Lincoln, Cadillac, or even smaller cars
like Olds and Buicks.  On the other hand, the marketing was not quite as
good as the other 2 of the "big 3".  That could partially explain why
Imperial never reached the image of Cadillac and Lincoln.  Darrell and
others could give us their view point on this...
D^2