Right vs Left, and '63 parts needed.

Hi All,
    I downgraded to AOL 5.0 to see if I could send mail to the list without
sending HTML garbage... we'll see what happens.
    Had to chime in on the Right/Left issue... yes, the folks in Highland
Park made a valiant (?) effort to follow the even-right/odd-left convention,
but use some caution when searching for parts.  As I was developing my parts
listings for motor mounts, I counted on the even-right/odd-left convention as
I formated my chart.  I had finished the mount section, and proceeded to the
heat sheilds when I discovered that the heat shields were reversed...  odd
numbers on the right, and even on the left.  Just to be sure there was no
semblance of consistency, the left shield for the 300J is odd numbered...
    I guess the only reason I bring it up is as a reminder that you can never
say never (or always for that matter) about Chrysler Engineering.  Just when
you have found iron clad documentation of an issue, something contrary will
pop up without notice.
    Anyway, the reason I logged on tonight was to look for parts... I had a
few extra minutes tonight so I spent some quality time with the '63.  We just
went up to the corner and back (1 mile +), but she does seem to be loosening
up a little.  I have the characteristic vacuum leak under the dash, so I need
to do my homework on the parking brake release.  The brakes are also in
serious need of some attention.  I do definately need a horn ring.. it was
not loose, but very broken.  Then, when I flipped the park lever down to put
her away, the reverse button popped out farther than it looked like it should
have... like the kid who can't resist touching wet paint, I pushed the button
in only to watch in horror as it disappeared into the recesses of the
dashboard!  Sounds like I also need a reverse button...
    Can't wait for the weather to warm/dry up  :)
    Think I'll get the '68 out this week and do some debug there too... there
may be some economies I can realize troubleshooting two at once!

    Any help on parts?

Thanks,
Steve Charette

In a message dated 4/29/02 8:52:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Somebody else fill in the blank, but Lowell Howe said that
 > even numbered parts were for one side (drivers or pass.)
 > and odd numbered parts go on the other for all Imperial
 > (maybe chryco) parts.  I bet that there are other parts on
 > your car that would allow you to deduce the answer to the
 > above contention. >>

Thanks,
Steve Charette
Imperial Services