Casette Players and Microphones

Last summer as I was looking through the swap area of Mopars in the Park I
spotted a new, blue, still in the plastic, Chrysler casette player with the
hand held microphone still in the box!  It was the correct color blue to go
into my 1971 New Yorker sedan.  The casette player does require the use of an
upgraded am/fm radio that will accept the casette player input.  The seller
wanter $400 for the palyer/microphone.  He had the am/fm radio to go with the
player for an additional $100.  However the radio was not working.  Since my
car has the standard am radio and since the price of the player would be
about 1/3 the price I paid for my car I decided to not buy the set up.  It
would be correct for any Mopar product of that vintage.  I hadn't seen on
before and it was quite interesting.  If I had an Imperial with the correct
working radio it would be a cool option to add to the car.  When it comes to
options - more is more!

Happy motoring!

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 NY T&C, 2 door, 4 door sedan, 4 door hdtp
71 New Yorker sedan (could have had a casette player option!)
79 New Yorker