68 Imp cold starting

Hi,
   If you start it daily,  One kick of the gas before doing anything else
should close the choke. Is it doing that? I had the carb rebuilt recently
on ours and it works great. I kick it once and hit the key. It turns over
once or twice at most and starts. Your warm start sounds normal tho.
Anyway, enough of my hot  air. I defer to the real mechanics on the IML.
of which there are many!

Dave
67 Imp sedan