68 Imp cold starting

You don't say how long it sits for it to need 10 pumps of the gas, but if
it's more than a few days, that is normal. You simply need to bring the fuel
back up to the carb from the tank.

Mine has been like that for years, and while the first cold start of the
morning is fine with a single partial pump of the gas pedal starts it right
up if it's only sat overnight, it'll take a good ten pumps and about five
seconds of cranking to fire up when it sits for a few days or weeks.

Of course, come to think of it, I've never tried it after a long sitting
spell without pumping it so many times...

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon