Please Welcom Mika Jaakkola '57 & '64

New Subscriber(s): Mika Jaakkola
Email Address is: mikajaakkola64@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Finland

Car(s) owned: 1957 Crown Southampton 4dHT(Charcoal Grey Metallic)
1964 Crown 4dHT

Self-Introduction: I'm a 22-years old student(Computer/Digital technic
engineer)and
I bought my first Imperial in 1997(The '64 Crown)when I was 17.
I really wasn't looking for 64 Imperial,but I found an add from a local
magazine where was"..1964 Imperial 4dHT ,runs and drives".I gave the seller
a call and we went to check the car out.It looked horrible.The
paint was sunburst...I really scared off...But when we took
a ride(never before ride in American made car..!) with the '64 and every
people were
staring at us on the streets I wanted to buy the car right away!
My dad didn't agree with me ,when I said to him,that I want to
get me an old US-made car.So I didn't tell him anything I just
bought it(..like in the movie"Christine"!)Actually the car came
to Finland in 1990 from Los Angeles.The guy had bought it from
junk yard in San Bernandino..At same time came also '64 Crown conv &
'64 LeBaron.These cars were all from the same junk yard.
I repainted the '64 so nowadays it LOOKS MUCH BETTER than it used to
be..I drive around with it in the summertimes.

The 1957 I bought from Los Angeles in 2000.The engine&transmission were
missing,and the car is sunburst everywhere.I think it's last driven
in somewhere around 1969-70 in San Fernando.I think the owner were
then a guy called Albert C.Carroll..?I found the add of the car
from Hemmings Motor News.The owner sent me a few photos and it looked
great!(..much worse than the 64 was..)The Hemi was missing,but (temporarily)
I found a 383V8+trans from a '60 DeSoto and put it under the hood(fits
almost perfectly,I had to made the motormounts only!).
It runs and drives good.The brakes are new.The next thing I will
do is the interior.And I would like to change the engine too,but
here in Finland isn't 392-hemi's everywhere...