57/58 rear view mirror placement.

Hi,
  All the 57's I have ever seen have the rear view
mirror mounted in the center of the dash below the
windshield as you described.  All 58's and 59 I have
seen have it mounted on the dash near the speedometer
cluster nearer the steering wheel.   Not sure if there
was any crossover of locations for the mirror or not
in 57.
Jeff Ingraham
3 57 imps, 2 58 imps and 3 59 imps for comparison!